- In Turkey, wildfires leave behind charred homes and ashes August 1, 2021
- Peru protesters rally against Pedro Castillo‚Äôs new government August 1, 2021
- Kris Wu: Chinese-Canadian pop star detained on suspicion of rape August 1, 2021
- Six months after Myanmar coup, battle for diplomatic recognition August 1, 2021
- Canada: Protesters demand investigation into residential schools July 31, 2021
- Brazil: Daily average COVID deaths drop below 1,000 July 31, 2021
- Top US diplomat to meet with Southeast Asian officials next week July 31, 2021
- Afghanistan‚Äôs Herat under pressure amid ongoing Taliban assault July 31, 2021
- Dozen homes burn, five people hospitalised in Greece wildfire July 31, 2021
- Weightlifter Fares Elbakh wins Qatar‚Äôs first Olympic gold July 31, 2021
- Antiwar Across the Political Spectrum: Video with Scott Horton
- Conflicts of Interest: How Biden Bungled Talks to Save the Iran Nuclear Deal
- Withdrawal or Redrawing the War? Maj.¬†Danny¬†Sjursen¬†(ret.) on Afghanistan
- Conflicts of Interest: In the US, War Criminals Go Free & Heroic Whistleblowers Rot in Jail
- Haitians Don‚Äôt Want What the Interventionists Are Selling
- Syrian Insurgents Guilty of ‚ÄėRed Line‚Äô 2013¬†Sarin Chemical Attack, Study Finds
- ‚ÄėMaximum Pressure‚Äô Is Malicious and So Are Its Supporters
- Conflicts of Interest: The FBI‚Äôs Role in Fabricating ‚ÄėTerrorism‚Äô Plots
- War Powers Reform Bill Far Better Than¬†Feared
- What‚Äôs Wrong with Registering Women for the Draft?
Khanfactor ShopMake Custom Gifts at CafePress
- kf presents
- Middle East
- Not Terrorism
- Religion of Abraham
- Saudi Arabia
- South Asia
Tag Archives: deceit
May 1, 2013 The U.S. was wrong to use health workers to target Osama bin Laden Not long after midnight on May 2, 2011, U.S. Navy SEALs attacked a three-story compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, raced to the main building’s top … Continue reading
by PIERRE M. SPREY and FRANKLIN C. SPINNEY On 17 May, William Broad‚Äôs piece,¬†‚ÄúIn Taking Crimea, Putin Gains a Sea of Fuel Reserves‚ÄĚ, appeared in the New York Times.¬† Broad explained¬† how the annexation of Crimea by Russia changed the … Continue reading
Having studied enough American Indian Tribes over the years, I have grown accustomed to creation myths that each Tribe assigns itself as its reason for being.¬† And the definition of ‚Äúchutzpah‚ÄĚ that I‚Äôve been taught is that of a young … Continue reading
In a long-awaited moment in a¬†hotly contested zone currently occupied by the Russian military,¬†Ukraine‚Äôs citizens living in the peninsula of Crimea¬†voted overwhelmingly to become part of Russia. Responding to the referendum, President Barack Obama and numerous U.S. officials¬†rejected the results … Continue reading
‚ÄúI never thought I‚Äôd live to see the day when the US State Department whitewashed the neo-Nazi views and heritage of a gang of thugs who had seized power in a violent coup d‚Äô√©tat. In Iraq, Libya, and Syria, US … Continue reading
People ask whether the United States can trust Iran. The better question is whether Iran can trust the United States. Since 1979 the U.S. government has prosecuted a covert and proxy war against Iran. The objective has been regime change … Continue reading
Gaza City. The Palestinian Authority would be ‚Äútraitors‚ÄĚ if they agreed to a condition the UK is seeking to impose in exchange for agreeing to¬† support Palestine upgrading its membership in the UN. So said Raji Sourani, Director of the¬†Palestine … Continue reading
Christmas is a holiday shared and celebrated by many religions. It is a day that has an effect on the entire world.
To many people, it is a favorite time of the year involving gift giving, parties and feasting. Christmas is a holiday that unifies almost all of professing Christendom.
The spirit of Christmas causes people to decorate their homes and churches, cut down trees and bring them into their homes, decking them with silver and gold.
In the light of that tree, families make merry and give gifts one to another.
When the sun goes down on December 24th, and darkness covers the land, families and churches prepare for participation in customs such as burning the yule log, singing around the decorated tree, kissing under the mistletoe and holly, and attending a late night service or midnight mass.
What is the meaning of Christmas? Where did the customs and traditions originate? Continue reading