- In Turkey, wildfires leave behind charred homes and ashes August 1, 2021
- Peru protesters rally against Pedro Castillo’s new government August 1, 2021
- Kris Wu: Chinese-Canadian pop star detained on suspicion of rape August 1, 2021
- Six months after Myanmar coup, battle for diplomatic recognition August 1, 2021
- Canada: Protesters demand investigation into residential schools July 31, 2021
- Brazil: Daily average COVID deaths drop below 1,000 July 31, 2021
- Top US diplomat to meet with Southeast Asian officials next week July 31, 2021
- Afghanistan’s Herat under pressure amid ongoing Taliban assault July 31, 2021
- Dozen homes burn, five people hospitalised in Greece wildfire July 31, 2021
- Weightlifter Fares Elbakh wins Qatar’s first Olympic gold July 31, 2021
- Antiwar Across the Political Spectrum: Video with Scott Horton
- Conflicts of Interest: How Biden Bungled Talks to Save the Iran Nuclear Deal
- Withdrawal or Redrawing the War? Maj. Danny Sjursen (ret.) on Afghanistan
- Conflicts of Interest: In the US, War Criminals Go Free & Heroic Whistleblowers Rot in Jail
- Haitians Don’t Want What the Interventionists Are Selling
- Syrian Insurgents Guilty of ‘Red Line’ 2013 Sarin Chemical Attack, Study Finds
- ‘Maximum Pressure’ Is Malicious and So Are Its Supporters
- Conflicts of Interest: The FBI’s Role in Fabricating ‘Terrorism’ Plots
- War Powers Reform Bill Far Better Than Feared
- What’s Wrong with Registering Women for the Draft?
Khanfactor ShopMake Custom Gifts at CafePress
- kf presents
- Middle East
- Not Terrorism
- Religion of Abraham
- Saudi Arabia
- South Asia
Tag Archives: lies
Benjamin Netanyahu has publicly asserted that Adolf Hitler had no intention of exterminating Europe’s Jews until a Palestinian persuaded him to do it. The Israeli prime minister’s attempt to whitewash Hitler and lay the blame for the Holocaust at the … Continue reading
For decades United States’ spokespeople, from presidents to members of Congress, have, with a straight face, told the most far-fetched lies about Israel and Palestine. Such things as Israel having a moral army, despite its ongoing genocide of men, women … Continue reading
The latest Washington lie, this one coming from NATO, is that Russia has invaded Ukraine with 1,000 troops and self-propelled artillery. How do we know that this is a lie? Is it because we have heard nothing but lies about … Continue reading
Having studied enough American Indian Tribes over the years, I have grown accustomed to creation myths that each Tribe assigns itself as its reason for being. And the definition of “chutzpah” that I’ve been taught is that of a young … Continue reading
How Bush Used PR to Conceal Massive Ethnic Cleansing in Baghdad “I think that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody anticipated. It’s succeeded beyond our wildest dreams.” – President Barack Obama One of the enduring myths of the … Continue reading
“As for the rights of Jewish people in this land, I have a simple message for those people gathered in the General Assembly today, no decision by the U.N. can break the 4,000-year-old bond between the people of Israel and … Continue reading
The official storyline is that Israel launched Operation Pillar of Defense on 14 November, 2012 because, in President Barack Obama’s words, it had “every right to defend itself.” In this instance, Israel was allegedly defending itself against the 800 projectile … Continue reading
Christmas is a holiday shared and celebrated by many religions. It is a day that has an effect on the entire world.
To many people, it is a favorite time of the year involving gift giving, parties and feasting. Christmas is a holiday that unifies almost all of professing Christendom.
The spirit of Christmas causes people to decorate their homes and churches, cut down trees and bring them into their homes, decking them with silver and gold.
In the light of that tree, families make merry and give gifts one to another.
When the sun goes down on December 24th, and darkness covers the land, families and churches prepare for participation in customs such as burning the yule log, singing around the decorated tree, kissing under the mistletoe and holly, and attending a late night service or midnight mass.
What is the meaning of Christmas? Where did the customs and traditions originate? Continue reading