- ‘Bugger!’: New Zealand PM gets COVID at critical point in election campaign October 1, 2023
- Pro-Russia party claims victory in Slovakia election October 1, 2023
- Ukraine tempts Western arms producers with plan for ‘large military hub’ October 1, 2023
- Russia-Ukraine war: List of key events, day 585 October 1, 2023
- ‘They deserve justice’: Inside the struggle to reform Indonesian football September 30, 2023
- Mohamed Muizzu wins Maldives election in victory for pro-China camp September 30, 2023
- Rescue group decries Libya coast guard ramming into migrant boat September 30, 2023
- US Congress passes stopgap measure to avert government shutdown September 30, 2023
- India receives lowest rains in 5 years, agricultural production to be hit September 30, 2023
- US government shutdown imminent as lawmakers scramble to reach agreement September 30, 2023
- War in Ukraine, Neo-Nazis, and the American Jewish Committee
- The Greatest Film Never Made
- Conflicts of Interest: Can the West Win the Long War in Ukraine?
- ‘Ukraine First!’ Foreign War Funding Is a Main Culprit In Government Shutdown
- Bipartisan House Amendment To Ban US Cluster Bomb Exports Fails
- ‘The World Is at Stake’: Defuse Nuclear War Kicks Off Nationwide Week of Action
- Antiwar Rally in Santa Cruz, CA Sept. 30
- Netanyahu Shows Map of ‘New Middle East’ – Without Palestine – to UN General Assembly
- Slippery Speaker: McCarthy Sneaks Ukraine Money Into ‘Must Pass’ Military Bill
- Conflicts of Interest: Western Sanctions Fail to Stop Russia from Ramping Up Its War Machine
Khanfactor ShopMake Custom Gifts at CafePress
- Lessons from Indonesia: Key takeaways for Pakistan for reducing military interventionism – Dawn – 22 May. 2023
- Musharraf’s ‘Four Point Formula’ The Best Way Of Resolving Kashmir Dispute: Washington Post – From 06 Mar. 2020
- What Is White Privilege, Really? – Cory Collins – Learn For Justice
- Kashmir in the Shadows – by Robert Fantina – 26 May.23
- The Geopolitics of the Ukraine War – Alfred W. Mccoy
- kf presents
- Middle East
- Not Terrorism
- Religion of Abraham
- Saudi Arabia
- South Asia
Tag Archives: pagan
Christmas is a holiday shared and celebrated by many religions. It is a day that has an effect on the entire world.
To many people, it is a favorite time of the year involving gift giving, parties and feasting. Christmas is a holiday that unifies almost all of professing Christendom.
The spirit of Christmas causes people to decorate their homes and churches, cut down trees and bring them into their homes, decking them with silver and gold.
In the light of that tree, families make merry and give gifts one to another.
When the sun goes down on December 24th, and darkness covers the land, families and churches prepare for participation in customs such as burning the yule log, singing around the decorated tree, kissing under the mistletoe and holly, and attending a late night service or midnight mass.
What is the meaning of Christmas? Where did the customs and traditions originate? Continue reading