- Mexico investigating soldiers involved in ‘execution’ of five men June 7, 2023
- Pakistan ex-PM Imran Khan accused in lawyer murder case June 7, 2023
- Photos: Canadian wildfire smoke spreads ‘hazardous’ air in the US June 7, 2023
- Ukraine ramps up operations as dam destruction blame game unfolds June 7, 2023
- (Mis)understanding and (mis)managing the Sudanese crisis June 7, 2023
- Bahrain stripped of endurance world title after equine dope case June 7, 2023
- ‘It’s a nightmare’: Ukrainians decry the Kakhovka dam blast June 7, 2023
- Qatar World Cup: Watchdog says FIFA’s carbon-neutral claims false June 7, 2023
- Bank of Canada raises interest rate to highest in 22 years June 7, 2023
- Real Madrid to sign Jude Bellingham from Dortmund for $110m June 7, 2023
- Interview with Benjamin Abelow, author of How the West Brought War to Ukraine
- Glenn Greenwald Interviews Jeffrey Sachs on US Provoking Ukraine War
- Conflicts of Interest: Sen. Graham Says Sending Billions to Kiev for Killing Russians Is the Best Money We’ve Spent
- Video: US Antiwar Activists Report Back From Trip to Russia
- Defense Contractors Bought Off Ukraine War Media Coverage
- Conflicts of Interest: Ukraine Is Trying to Assassinate Putin
- Why There Should be a Treaty Against the Use of Weaponized Drones
- What Is Ukraine Doing in the Town of Shebekino, Belgorod Oblast and What Consequences May We Expect?
- US Drives World To Repeat WWII
- US Antiwar Activists Report Back From Trip to Russia
Khanfactor ShopMake Custom Gifts at CafePress
- Kashmir in the Shadows – by Robert Fantina – 26 May.23
- The Geopolitics of the Ukraine War – Alfred W. Mccoy
- Germany Deserves a Big Share of the Blame for the Ukraine Disaster BY DAVE LINDORFF
- Why is Washington Encouraging India to Confront Pakistan? BY BRIAN CLOUGHLEY
- Colin Powell: Grotesque Atrocities and the New Liberal Conscience – BY RICHARD FALK – DANIEL FALCONE
- kf presents
- Middle East
- Not Terrorism
- Religion of Abraham
- Saudi Arabia
- South Asia
Tag Archives: pagan
The Origin Of Christmas
Christmas is a holiday shared and celebrated by many religions. It is a day that has an effect on the entire world.
To many people, it is a favorite time of the year involving gift giving, parties and feasting. Christmas is a holiday that unifies almost all of professing Christendom.
The spirit of Christmas causes people to decorate their homes and churches, cut down trees and bring them into their homes, decking them with silver and gold.
In the light of that tree, families make merry and give gifts one to another.
When the sun goes down on December 24th, and darkness covers the land, families and churches prepare for participation in customs such as burning the yule log, singing around the decorated tree, kissing under the mistletoe and holly, and attending a late night service or midnight mass.
What is the meaning of Christmas? Where did the customs and traditions originate? Continue reading