With $872.6 billion, the cost of the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan so far, the United States could fund…
- …a year’s worth of health care for 117 million Americans ($7,439/person)
…one year of public elementary school for 116 million children ($7,500/child)…four years of public university
tuition for 35 million students ($6,185/student) …145 billion mosquito nets to help stop malaria in the developing world ($6/net)
…4.6 billion laptops to promote literacy in the developing world ($188/laptop)
If you had an expense account that let you spend $1 million dollars per day… …it would take 2,391 years to spend $872.6 billion, the cost of Iraq and Afghanistan so far.
The cost of Iraq and Afghanistan laid out end-to-end in $100 bills… …would extend 846,157.6 miles – or just short of 34 times around the Earth’s circumference.
The conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan have cost each American family of four $11,458.
Source Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation - Total Iraq and Afghanistan Supplemental War Funding To Date Actual U.S State Dept. figures used as source. Current combined direct American spending on Iraq + Afghanistan is $11.33 billion per month. And they give Pakistan $1.5 billion annually to fight it’s war on the cheap !
- Is Islamic finance the answer?
- IT WASN’T MUSLIMS
- The economic, social and political disaster produced by the Zionist project – Jean Shaoul
- There are Alternatives to Free Market Capitalism! – Islamic Economics
- Greenspan admits ‘flaw’ in ideology
- A Powerful Trap – The Recurring Myth of Peak Oil By ISMAEL HOSSEIN-ZADEH
- Q&A: The US financial meltdown
- Oil and Racism By REZA FIYOUZAT
- Deals with Iraq are set to bring oil giants back
- Peak oil hits new heights and the view is not pretty – SMH – 26 May.08
- How Empires Fall – PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS
- The Agenda Behind the Hoax – What the Iraq War is About – Paul Craig Roberts
- A Bankrupt Superpower – The Collapse of American Power
- Why Shariah? – New York Times – 18 Mar.08
- Job Needed 1/2009: This person needs a job, seeks an executive position.
- Part Two: The Khilafah, Investment and the Economy
- Part one: The Fragility of the financial markets
- Saudi Prince Alwaleed buys his own A380 – SMH – 13 Nov.07
- PHOTOS: The $592 Million U.S. Embassy In Iraq
- New Oil Law Means Victory in Iraq for Bush
- Lessons of Suez and Iraq – Farhang Jahanpour
- Oil Quotes
- STRANGER THAN FICTION – An Independent Investigation of 9-11 and the War on Terrorism
- Australia’s Uranium and Who Buys It
- Uncle Sam’s rich uncles overseas – David R. Francis