One of the first viral videos to come out of the Middle East and North Africa region this year was from Saudi Arabia. It was a song sung in a local Saudi dialect that expressed female frustration at the patriarchal system rooted in Saudi and called for the end to male guardianship. The controversial lyrics, which called for the “extinction of men”, automatically drew a significant amount of attention and within a week of it being uploaded took the internet by storm. As with all women’s rights social media campaigns that come out of the region, the video was met with an array of reactions. The video elicited anger at the controversial lyrics. Many accused the Western media of targeting the Kingdom. Many others, especially women, were excited about the song and, as always, Western commentators were quick to jump on the analytical bandwagon, discussing the socio-political and religious implications of this song.
- China: Protests erupt over COVID curbs after deadly fire November 26, 2022
- Zelenskyy criticises Kyiv Mayor Klitschko over power cuts November 26, 2022
- Russia-Ukraine: Navigating the media minefield November 26, 2022
- Qatarâ€™s traditional headscarf a â€˜great symbol of hospitalityâ€™ November 26, 2022
- Three killed, 11 wounded in Brazil twin school shootings November 26, 2022
- Food aid into Ethiopiaâ€™s Tigray â€˜not matching needsâ€™: UN November 26, 2022
- Will rich nations pay for the climate â€˜loss and damageâ€™ fund? November 26, 2022
- Arab teams turn Qatar World Cup into a â€˜homeâ€™ tournament November 26, 2022
- Mark Drakeford: Is Wales an overlooked nation in the UK? November 26, 2022
- As Russia attacks, Ukrainians offer tips on survival, optimism November 26, 2022
- Conflicts of Interest: Did Zelensky Damage Ukraineâ€™s Reputation?
- Is Chicago Tribune Channeling â€˜Baghdad Bobâ€™ on Ukraine War?
- Freedom of Expression and Genuine Intellectual Debate on Russian Television
- Anatomy of US/Dutch Duplicity on MH17
- Conflicts of Interest: Is the US Serious About Talks with Russia? Guest Dave DeCamp
- The Danger of Taking Official Claims at Face Value
- War Criminal George W. Bush Is Back Promoting a Senseless Proxy War
- Conflicts of Interest: Did Russia Attack Poland?
- Is the Russia-Ukraine War at a Crossroads?
- Conflicts of Interest: Ukraine Wants â€˜Israel-Likeâ€™ Weapons Industry
Khanfactor ShopMake Custom Gifts at CafePress
- The Geopolitics of the Ukraine War – Alfred W. Mccoy
- Germany Deserves a Big Share of the Blame for the Ukraine Disaster BY DAVE LINDORFF
- Why is Washington Encouraging India to Confront Pakistan? BY BRIAN CLOUGHLEY
- Colin Powell: Grotesque Atrocities and the New Liberal Conscience – BY RICHARD FALK – DANIEL FALCONE
- Pakistani-American director Iram Parveen Bilal’s new film shows a different type of Pakistani family
- kf presents
- Middle East
- Not Terrorism
- Religion of Abraham
- Saudi Arabia
- South Asia