Every Saturday night in China, millions gather around their televisions to watch Interviews Before Execution, an extraordinary talk show which interviews prisoners on death row.
In the weeks, days or even minutes before they are executed, presenter Ding Yu goes into prisons and talks to those condemned to die. Combining clips from the TV show, never-before-seen footage of China’s death row and interviews with a local judge who openly questions the future of the death penalty in China, This World reveals a part of China that is generally hidden from from view.
- Aboriginal Tent Embassy: 50 years of Indigenous protest January 26, 2022
- Canada: Indigenous community finds 93 potential unmarked graves January 25, 2022
- Microsoft exceeds quarterly revenue estimates on cloud growth January 25, 2022
- Taiwan vice president heads to Honduras to work on shaky alliance January 25, 2022
- IMF urges El Salvador to strip Bitcoin’s legal tender status January 25, 2022
- Cuba acknowledges prosecuting hundreds for last year’s protests January 25, 2022
- Bahraini political dissident extradited from Serbia January 25, 2022
- Western leaders step up plans for Russian invasion of Ukraine January 25, 2022
- Lockdowns loom over Beijing before Winter Olympics January 25, 2022
- US stocks whiplashed for second day as volatility grips markets January 25, 2022
- Former Reagan Officials Denounce US-NATO War Plans
- Your Man in the Public Gallery: Assange Hearing Day – Is There an Exit?
- Conflicts of Interest: Biden Must Make Concessions to Defuse the Ukraine Crisis
- Pentagon on Russia Invasion: ‘Just Kidding’
- Leaked Report Suggests Impunity for IDF Troops in Deadly Stop of Palestinian-American Elder
- Anatol Lieven: Freeze NATO Expansion Now or Risk War (VIDEO)
- Ron Paul on Biden Administration’s Ukraine Freak-Out: Pretense for War?
- US Inflexibility and ‘Great Power Competition’
- Conflicts of Interest: Can Biden Reverse America’s Failed Ukraine Policy?
- Ukraine: Latest Blinken-Lavrov Aftermath
Khanfactor ShopMake Custom Gifts at CafePress
- Why is Washington Encouraging India to Confront Pakistan? BY BRIAN CLOUGHLEY
- Colin Powell: Grotesque Atrocities and the New Liberal Conscience – BY RICHARD FALK – DANIEL FALCONE
- Pakistani-American director Iram Parveen Bilal’s new film shows a different type of Pakistani family
- Clearer view of secretive Israeli nuclear facility is visible by satellite thanks to two archaeologists
- ‘I Converted to Islam, But Hide My New Faith in Public’: An Upper Caste Hindu Man Tells His Story
- kf presents
- Middle East
- Not Terrorism
- Religion of Abraham
- Saudi Arabia
- South Asia