- UAE-backed forces accused of arbitrary arrests, torture in Yemen March 24, 2018
- Hyenas, wolves and disease 'welcome' Yemenis fleeing war March 24, 2018
- Palestinian singer Rim Banna dies at 51 after battle with cancer March 24, 2018
- America's Guns: Arming Mexico's Cartels March 24, 2018
- March for Our Lives: Students plan mass rally for gun control March 24, 2018
- Croatia's anti-fascist football club battles far right March 24, 2018
- French 'hero' policeman who took place of hostage dies March 24, 2018
- What happened to Ukraine's border wall against Russia? March 24, 2018
- On torture, war crimes and Trump's pick for CIA director March 23, 2018
- Protests erupt in Barcelona after Catalan leaders jailed March 23, 2018
- Ron Paul on Bolton To the White House – Pre-Emptive War on the Way?
- If John Bolton Is Right, Pearl Harbor Was Perfectly Legal
- Why Jane Fonda Was Right When She Sat on That Gun
- The U.S. War in Afghanistan is Unwinnable
- They Lied Us Into War, All of Them
- The Zionist Tango – Step Left, Step Right: Gideon Levy
- Why Are We Still in Syria?, asks Ron Paul
- Ron Paul on East Ghouta: Obama’s Last Stand In Syria?
- Sen. Dick Durbin Calls On Congress To Halt Unauthorized US Military Involvement in Yemen
- Ron Paul on the Unhappy Anniversary: Iraq War at 15
Khanfactor ShopMake Custom Gifts at CafePress
- kf presents
- Middle East
- Not Terrorism
- Religion of Abraham
- Saudi Arabia
- South Asia
Category Archives: Caucasus
Afghan children are being taught with U.S.-funded textbooks explicitly written to exclude four decades of warÂ in an almost self-satirizing attempt to â€œbring people together.â€ â€œThere is no mention of the Soviet war, the mujaheddin, the Taliban orÂ the U.S. military presence,â€ … Continue reading
As the chopper swung around to land, the Taliban opened up, sending journalists scrambling for cover and Marines into full combat mode. According to Matthew Green of the Financial Times, â€œThe crackle of gunfire lasted about 20 minutes and continued in the background as a state department official gave a presentation to Mr. Holbrooke about U.S. and U.K [United Kingdom] efforts to boost local government and promote agriculture in the town.â€
The U.S. officials were then bundled into armored cars and whisked back to the helicopter. As the chopper took off an enormous explosion shook the townâ€™s bazaar.
When it was launched in March, the Marjah operation was billed as a â€œturning pointâ€ in the Afghan War, an acid test for the doctrine of counterinsurgency, or â€œCOIN,â€ a carefully designed strategy to wrest a strategic area from the Taliban and win the â€œhearts and mindsâ€ of the local people. And in a sense Marjah has indeed defined COIN, just not quite in the way its advocates had hoped for. Continue reading
The Bogus War on Terrorism: How America and Britain were Defeated in Iraq and Afghanistan? by Mahboob A. Khawaja
Like the failure of the League of the Nations, history tells how the UN has come to be a failed enterprise in global affairs. It affirms the principle of self-interest, that is the wars of European nationalism and superiority over others nations in areas irrelevant to the European-American foremost national interests. The European war mongers and the US Empire lost sense of intellect and strategic direction by invading Iraq and Afghanistan under the guise of â€œwar on terrorism.â€ Continue reading
WASHINGTON â€” The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves and enough to fundamentally alter the Afghan economy and perhaps the Afghan war itself, according to senior American government officials.
The previously unknown deposits â€” including huge veins of iron, copper, cobalt, gold and critical industrial metals like lithium â€” are so big and include so many minerals that are essential to modern industry that Afghanistan could eventually be transformed into one of the most important mining centers in the world, the United States officials believe.
The Obama administration is determined to link the Times Square Fizzler, Faisal Shahzad, to the Pakistani Taliban, and isnâ€™t about to let logic, reality, or anything remotely related to the facts get in its way. With the complicity of the Obama-stricken media, they just might get away with it, opening the way for expanded military operations in Pakistan, in â€œretaliationâ€ for an attack that never even happened. Continue reading
“It not only borders China, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, but is only separated from Russia by a single nation, Kazakhstan. To gain an appreciation of Russian and Chinese concerns over hundreds of thousands of U.S. and NATO troops passing through Kyrgyzstan, imagine a comparable amount of Chinese and Russian soldiers regularly passing through Mexico and Guatemala, respectively. For almost nine years and at an accelerating rate.” Continue reading