- CIA says Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's murder: reports November 17, 2018
- Jamal Khashoggi case: All the latest updates November 17, 2018
- Democrat Stacey Abrams quits race, vows to sue Georgia state November 17, 2018
- North California fire: Death toll at 71, more than 1,000 missing November 17, 2018
- Venezuelan rape-survivor-turned-lawyer finally gets justice November 17, 2018
- Britain's Brexit drama: What you need to know November 16, 2018
- Sabarimala temple: A rallying point for the Hindu far right? November 16, 2018
- Iraq: Baghdad and Kurds strike deal to resume Kirkuk oil exports November 16, 2018
- A new dawn for Cuba? The draft constitution explained November 16, 2018
- Trump says he finished his written answers in Russia probe November 16, 2018
- Saudi Arabia and the Canadian Arms Lobby
- Counting the Real Costs of the War on Yemen
- Jim Bovard: Hitchhiking to an Antiwar Awakening
- New Study: War on Terror Cost $5.9 Trillion (and Counting). Do You Feel Safe?
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Calls on Congress to End U.S. Military Support of Saudi Arabia’s Genocidal War in Yemen
- Chaos in Israel: Are Bibi’s Days Numbered?
- Halt Missile Sale to Bahrain!: Sen. Rand Paul
- URGENT UPDATE: VOTE on Yemen Today, Call Your Rep.
- Iran Again Found ‘In Compliance’ – Yet Bolton Vows To ‘Squeeze Hard!’
- Bolton Uses WWI-Era Rhetoric to Promote a Cruel Iran Policy
Khanfactor ShopMake Custom Gifts at CafePress
- The Serena Williams cartoon exposes Australia’s ignorance on race – Alana Lentin
- Flashback: Checking his privilege: A response to Tal Fortgang – By Neal Schindler
- Flashback: Dear Privileged-at-Princeton: You. Are. Privileged. And Meritocracy Is a Myth. By BRIANA PAYTON May 6, 2014 (Response to Tal Fortang)
- Flashback: Why I’ll Never Apologize for My White Male Privilege – Tal Fortang – 2.May.14
- My white friend asked me to explain white privilege, so I decided to be honest. – LORI LAKIN HUTCHERSON 19 October 2017
- kf presents
- Middle East
- Not Terrorism
- Religion of Abraham
- Saudi Arabia
- South Asia
Category Archives: Syria
It is clear that the Syrian public and their officials, in all 14 of the countryâ€™s governorates, are committed to the complete restoration of their nationâ€™s peerless and incomparableÂ archaeologicalÂ heritage sites as soon as security conditions permit.
RAND_MG246Â Full Paper Alternative Link
“By comparison, the overthrow of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi was a marginal event ”
President Bashar al-Assadâ€™s enemies are closing in for the kill. The Arab League is suspending Syria, and Turkey, once a close ally, is leading the pack in seeking to displace the government that has ruled for 40 years. Arab leaders are talking to West European states about deploying the same mix of political, military and economic sanctions against Syria that was used in Libya.
This final assault is already producing convulsions across the Middle East and beyond, because the outcome of the struggle will have an explosive impact on the entire region. By comparison, the overthrow of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi was a marginal event. Complex though these developments are, the mediaâ€™s coverage has been misleadingly simple-minded and one-dimensional, giving the impression that all we are witnessing is a heroic uprising by the Syrian masses against a brutal Baathist police state