- New Yorkers protest after gay man's murder May 21, 2013
- Massive tornado kills dozens in Oklahoma May 21, 2013
- The Doors keyboardist dies at 74 May 21, 2013
- Pakistan's Sharif urges Taliban peace talks May 20, 2013
- UK Conservatives rebel over gay marriage May 20, 2013
- Obama says Myanmar to release more prisoners May 20, 2013
- Iraqi tribal leaders demand federation May 20, 2013
- Syrian offensive on Qusayr deepens May 20, 2013
- Egypt sends more forces over Sinai kidnapping May 20, 2013
- Car bombings hit Russia's Dagestan May 20, 2013
- Nathaniel Hawthorne, Forgotten Antiwar Champion
- The ‘Humanitarian’ Pretext: Why Applying Moral Purpose to the Warfare State is Absurd
- The Real Scandal: Spying on Journalists Is Legal
- Antiwar.com Newsletter | May 17, 2013
- AUMF, Never-Ending War, and America’s ‘Instruments of Tyranny’
- Holder Can’t Even Count How Often DOJ Spies on Journalists
- How Scandalous Are These Scandals, Anyway?
- Is Israel Hastening the Fall of Assad?
- DOJ Snooping on Journalists: A Witch Hunt to Enforce Obama Demand for Total Secrecy
- Parents, Don’t Let Your Daughters Grow Up to Be Soldiers Pt. 2
Pakistan Flood Relief – Please Donate
Khanfactor ShopMake Custom Gifts at CafePress
- Report: U.S. Government and NATO Worked with Bin Laden and His Top Lieutenant 3 Months AFTER 9/11
- Pushing Al Qaeda to Take on Hezbollah by FRANKLIN LAMB
- Decoding the Arrest of Musharraf – JP Sottile
- A Secret Deal on Drones, Sealed in Blood – NYT – 06.Apr.13
- The Dangers of War: What is Behind the US-North Korea Conflict? – Jack Smith
- kf presents
- Middle East
- Religion of Abraham
- South Asia
- Total Stats
- 817 Posts
Category Archives: Redneckia
Nine Israeli teenagers, eight of them minors, were on Tuesday charged with taking part in a violent hate attack on a 17-year-old Palestinian from east Jerusalem that left him in critical condition. All nine are suspected of involvement in a … Continue reading
Few American chief executives have lavished as much praise upon the U.S. military as President Barack Obama. Yet day after day reports appear in the mass media about war crimes, atrocities, and abuses attributed to that same armed forces and its leadership — mostly on foreign battlefields but also back home. Continue reading
The Muslims were bloodthirsty and treacherous. They conducted a sneak attack against the French army and slaughtered every single soldier, 20,000 in all. More than 1,000 years ago, in the mountain passes of Spain, the Muslim horde cut down the finest soldiers in Charlemagne’s command, including his brave nephew Roland. Then, according to the famous poem that immortalized the tragedy, Charlemagne exacted his revenge by routing the entire Muslim army. Continue reading
As usual, the Arabs knew. They knew all about the mass torture, the promiscuous shooting of civilians, the outrageous use of air power against family homes, the vicious American and British mercenaries, the cemeteries of the innocent dead. All of Iraq knew. Because they were the victims.
Only we could pretend we did not know. Only we in the West could counter every claim, every allegation against the Americans or British with some worthy general – the ghastly US military spokesman Mark Kimmitt and the awful chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Peter Pace, come to mind – to ring-fence us with lies. Find a man who’d been tortured and you’d be told it was terrorist propaganda; discover a house full of children killed by an American air strike and that, too, would be terrorist propaganda, or “collateral damage”, or a simple phrase: “We have nothing on that.” Continue reading
By RUNE ENGELBRETH LARSEN
On September 30, 2005, the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten published 12 cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, some of which were extremely demonizing in their outspoken anti-Muslim symbolism. Four months later violent protests erupted outside Danish embassies in some Muslim countries, and the terror threat against Denmark increased dramatically. Yet what happened during those four months, and could the escalation of the crisis have been prevented? Was it simply about freedom of speech and a “clash of civilizations” or were other agendas in play? Moreover, why did it happen in Denmark of all places? Continue reading
The Rise of America’s Idiot Culture – The Muslim Community Center at Ground Zero: a Manufactured Controversy By ANTHONY DiMAGGIO
A substantial racist uproar is taking place in conservative America, particularly in right-wing radio and television. Reactionary pundits are drawing increased attention to plans to build an Islamic community center in downtown Manhattan, near Ground Zero. Republicans and conservatives have long been known to harbor racist views of Islam, although they’re hardly alone in this. Many on the right frame the entire religion as radical, fundamentalist, and a threat to national security. In light of this pattern, there’s little surprising about the right’s most recent attack on Muslim Americans as a secret, under the radar threat. Continue reading
he Pentagon is reeling after two lethal episodes uncovered by diligent journalism show trigger-happy U.S. Army helicopter pilots and U.S. Special Forces slaughtering civilians, then seeking to cover up their crimes.
The worldwide web was transfixed on Monday when Wikileaks put up on YouTube a 38-minute video, along with a 17-minute edited version, taken from a U.S. Army Apache helicopter, one of two firing on a group of Iraqis in Baghdad at a street corner in July of 2007. Twelve civilians died, including a Reuters photographer Namir Noor-Eldeen, 22, and a Reuters driver, Saeed Chmagh, 40.
At a press conference in Washington, D.C., Wikileaks said it had got the footage from whistle-blowers in the military and had been able to break the encryption code. The Pentagon has confirmed the video is genuine.