- Prabowo rejects Indonesian election process July 22, 2014
- Israeli soldier reported missing in Gaza July 22, 2014
- Deadly suicide blast hits Afghanistan July 22, 2014
- Ukraine rebels hand over plane black boxes July 22, 2014
- Brain disease kills scores in India's east July 22, 2014
- Israel hits dozens of targets in Gaza Strip July 22, 2014
- S Korea finds body of fugitive ferry owner July 22, 2014
- S Sudan truce crumbles amid renewed clashes July 21, 2014
- Gaza under fire: Live blog July 18, 2014
- Kerry’s Unenviable Record for Veracity
- Complicity in Ethnic Cleansing
- Editorial Position of the New York Times: Thumbs Up for Gaza Slaughter
- Simple Thoughts By an Ordinary Woman
- Terrorism as Self Defense: The US-Israeli Assault on Gaza
- On ‘Human Shielding’ in Gaza
- Facts Needed on Malaysian Plane Shoot-Down
- The Tragedy of Flight MH17: Who Benefits?
- Audio “Proof” of Ukrainian Rebel Responsibility for Malaysian Flight Downing is Fake
- The New York Times Soft-Pedals Israel’s Slaughter of Children, Shifts Blame to Victims
Khanfactor ShopMake Custom Gifts at CafePress
- Planned Chaos in the Middle East—and Beyond by ISMAEL HOSSEIN-ZADEH
- When Strength is Weakness – Israel’s Heart of Darkness by WILLIAM A. COOK
- The Invasion of Gaza Israel and the Psychological Dynamics of Totalitarianism by NORMAN POLLACK
- Who is Winning in Gaza? Netanyahu’s Operation Stupidity – Uri Avnery
- The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week – Robert Fisk
- kf presents
- Middle East
- Religion of Abraham
- South Asia
- Total Stats
- 907 Posts
Category Archives: Economics
Arab oil-producing nations and some of the world’s largest oil consumers including China and Japan are reliably reported to be planning a long-term exit from pricing their oil trade in US dollars. If true, it would spell the death knell for the dollar as the world’s reserve currency and for the United States as global economic power.
Ever since Washington tore up the Bretton Woods treaty in August 1971 and went onto a “dollar paper reserve system” instead of a dollar backed by gold, the United States, as the world’s most powerful military power, has been able to dictate financial terms to the world. Nations like Japan and later China, dependent on US export markets, would dutifully invest their trade surplus dollars into US government debt, in effect financing wars such as Iraq and Afghanistan, which they opposed. They saw no choice. Continue reading
At this point in time when Capitalist economic solutions have a virtual monopoly in the discussion of economics for both Muslims and kuffar, it is critical that a working alternative model is presented to the world. As the recent Credit … Continue reading
With $872.6 billion, the cost of the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan so far, the United States could fund… …a year’s worth of health care for 117 million Americans ($7,439/person) …one year of public elementary school for 116 million children … Continue reading
Experts in Islamic finance believe their way of doing business has shielded them from the global credit crisis.
“We don’t recognise the concept of interest… to look for some profit from trading money,” explains Dr Bambang Brodjonegoro from the Islamic Development Bank.
“In the Islamic concept, money is strictly for the purpose of exchange or storing value, but not for the transaction of looking for excessive profit,” he says.
Vatican says Western banks should look at rules of Islamic finance to restore confidence amongst clients. Continue reading
The bottom line to all this is simple: The U.S. dollar is going to be intentionally exhausted into worthlessness. Anyone holding any assets denominated in “dollars” such as Checking accounts, Savings accounts, IRA’s, 401-K’s, … Continue reading